Monday, April 5, 2010

Some people have ALL the luck in the world!! hmph.

Delhi won again today!! YAY. BTW, did anyone notice how the match got stalled for a couple of minutes in between when something happened with the apple of Madsy's eye, Virat Kohli (Who btw, still hasn't added me back on fb! hmph.) right after he took Warner's catch? Yeah okay, they probably showed a commercial on TV for those few seconds..so you missed it. Anyhoo, the point is - Guess what!! Apparently, a friend of my brother's was so frustrated with Delhi losing Warner's wicket that he threw the ice in his glass of coke with all his might and main and somehow it landed right on top of Virat Kohli's head who was fielding on the boundary and hit him with force (duh) and he got a lil hurt. (Haha, what a girl!). True story.

Now, there are a few questions that enter my mind here. One, what size was the ice! I mean, the trays we have, they make a pretty small cube and a cube of that size - either should have melted away with the coke/ while it was flying in air. Even if we assume that it was a PRETTY big cube (yes, Virat Kohli got hurt, remember!), how in the world, what the, i mean..what are the odds!!! :( Yes, some people have all the luck in the world.

Nothing compared to this sort of an amazing luck but, I won a Panasonic - Delhi Daredevils T-Shirt and a (500 wala) ticket to today's match (which my brother used because he's a student of DCE and they're lucky enough to have the perfect excuse for not taking exams, boycotting them - I'm sure you must have heard of the students of DCE (Delhi College of Engineering) protesting against its conversion to DTU (Delhi Technological University) if you're a delhite.(They've boycotted their exams for the third time now. One month and the protest hasn't died down. They get to shout out slogans like "Pabbu haaye haaye" (Their VC's name is P.B.Sharma and they want him to step down.) and "Galli galli me halla hai, P.B. Sharma dalla hai". And they get to do a dharna outside his house and sing song the slogans at different speeds. And they get to take part in candle-light protest marches at the India gate, Jantar Mantar, the Vidhan Sabha and outside Sheila Dikshit's house. The only sad thing that's happened here is that they were lathi-charged outside Sheila Dikshit's house and some got badly hurt. :( even though it was the most non-violent protest ever. So yeah, I wish I was in DCE right now. I wish I could boycott my exams and have an excuse to take part in this rang-de-basanti of a kind movement. College activism is actually fun.) Ha, so I won these things by randomly SMSing in one of those radio contests. Yeah I do that sometimes when I'm bored. Oh oh oh and I got shortlisted for the grand prize - which is that the person gets to stand with the captains of the two teams when they're having the toss in the finals!!!! Only if I win that will I start believing in my luck again. :D Aah, if I DO win that and if KKR reaches the finals, can I ask Shahrukh also to be present where they're having the toss?! Can I, can I!

Yeah, I'm bored as bored can be. Going back to study. Toodles. I don't believe I just said that. Sometimes I talk so much, I bore myself.

9 comments:

Kriti said...

Had you, by any chance, taken a swig of Felix Felicis?

Me said...

:) When I read about the Virat Kohli thing... I was like really?? :D

Something that happened to the DCE students outside CM's house is sad... :| I still dont understand why are non-violent protestors lathi-charged??

Bullshee said...

Delhi won! Yay!!!!

Against Bangalore! So boooo Delhi! Boo to you!!!

Kick some ass RCB!!!

And hope you're lucky enough to make it to that coveted final toss!!! Though I'm pretty sure it'll be Kumble and Tendulkar stading at the middle of the pitch! Who cares abt SRK when you can meet Sachin!

Dr. Acula said...

@Kriti - Haha, no! :P I wish I could get it somewhere though..I really want to be there when they're having the toss in the finals! lol.

@Harshita - hehe yeah@virat kohli :D How cool, no?!

I know..it indeed is a very sad thing :-/ to have happened. I mean, these people are not like the DUSU..they have no political party backing them up and the way they've gone about the protests is the way to be..they were merely asking to get a chance to talk to the CM. They're all really smart students studying in one of the best colleges of the country and if this the way the cream of the generation gets treated, you really don't know where this country is going!

@Bullshee- Hehe!! Hell no, it'll be Sachin and Gauty OR Sachin and Dada in the finals :-P

Go Delhii!!! Kick some more ass, you!!!

Oh I hope so too XD , thankie! And yeah, SACHIN!!! :D Oh wait, I keep forgetting. Have I won it already! Yeah, okay, I can see SRK sometime lay-ter..at his residence..lol.

Weirdo guy said...

hah... you should come to my class. Every time a teacher stays AFTER the bell rings the class erupts into a cacophony of "maro sale ko maro" punctuated by a few "bhak sale... BHAK"


true story.


funny as shite too


:D

Mads said...

pehle to *faints* i cant believe u updated ur blog :P
next.. *faints* virat kohli ko maara !!!!!!!!!!!! X-( :P lol anyhow, b'lore lost badly yaar :(
and whoa @ the protest. ya it sucks when people get hurt but yeah strikes are fun specially in college :D

hehe i just LOVE your blabber >:D< :D

Mads said...

and OHHHHHHHHH best of luck !!! for standing at the toss for ipl finals..wear something short and awesome... :D and *rolls eyes* ok, hope u meet SRK but not at the cost of kkr reaching finals ok :O
give a smoochie to dhoniiiiiiiiiii :D and salivate when u see virat and ravi bopara ok? :P

bondgal_rulz said...

PAhunch gayi KKR finals mein aur ho gayi tu khadi next to SRGay!! :P

Anyway, lovely post as usual.

ROFL @ virat kohli story!! haha

I still haven't seen a single match of this season LIVE.

Working sucks.

And ohhhhh!!!! DCE !!! no exams!!! how lucky ya!!!

Dr. Acula said...

@Weirdo guy - KYA? :O Sachhi?? LOL..YOU are lucky! :P hehe

@Madhuri - Yay, i updated my blog lol :) yay! virat ko maaraaaa :P :P yay b'lore lost badly :D hehe
WHAT, REALLY!? You do?? You love it?? Great, I'm going to post more blah blah blah JUST for your Madsy dahling and then you'll be so bored, you'll cuss me to death! Muhahaha. Okay, i'm really bored. Mummyyyy..someone take my exams for meee!! :(

hahahahaha..and yes thank you thank you >:D< Totally, I'll wear something reeeeally short..and umm..red..and then SRK will divorce Gauri and marry me..omg I just cant stop talking! :O
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....NOT IN MY DREAMS will I ever give a smoochie to Dhoniii!!! paagal madhuri..just because he's in CSK doesn't mean he's hot!!! cheeeee!!! :P lol. And yeeeeahhhh....Virat is something....*gets lost in her dreams* Ravi Bopara is cool che..but I dont like the firangi accent. Lol. :P


@Isha - hahahaha :D
LOL..yeah that happened!! can you beat that!! haha

What??!! Paagal you should really bunk office one day and go see a match..ab bas two aur days hain..11th and 18th!!

I know bludy DCE people :X :X Now he's gone on a trip to Shimla for two days with ALL his friends! Argh. And I'm stuck here doing the only thing I do..studying! :X